PAPERLESS DELIVERY OF COMMUNICATIONS
THE HARTFORD'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By consenting to receive communications from The Hartford electronically, you are agreeing that documents and official notices which we are required to send to you may be sent only in electronic form and no longer be sent in paper form. You agree these paperless communications are the legal equivalent of officially required communications relating to your policy which you would otherwise receive in paper form. These communications may include policy declarations and related forms, insurance ID cards, legally required notices, and other official correspondence as these communications become available for electronic delivery. Not all documents are currently available for electronic delivery. Those that are not available will continue to be sent to you by US mail. As new documents become available for electronic delivery, The Hartford may send them electronically based on your consent preference choices.
2. You may at any time, request that we resume communications through the delivery of paper documents. You will not be charged a fee for this request and may make such request by visiting our website and changing the preferences on your account. You may also contact our Call Center by clicking the Contact Us link in the email we sent you or by visiting Contact Us to obtain the correct contact information.
3. You agree to provide us with your current email address so we can send you notices via email and notify you that documents are available for your review. You also agree to update your account and notify us of any change in your email address. You can make such a change by visiting our website and changing the preferences on your account. You may also contact our Call Center via phone at the number listed in the Contact Us link or by visiting the website mentioned above. You agree to be responsible for your failure to provide us with your current email address.
4. You may request a paper copy of an official notice sent to you, or of your policy documents. There is no fee to request such copies. You may make such request by contacting our Call Center via phone at the number listed in the Contact Us link or by visiting the website mentioned above.
5. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: You acknowledge and agree that you have sufficient access to a privately owned computer and email system (as opposed to one with limited access, such as those housed in public libraries) that will: Permit you to access, view, and print the communications we will send; permit you to receive emails that contain hyperlinks to websites; and permit you to access websites. The following system requirements are necessary for you to receive and view these communications: You must have Adobe Reader version 5.0 or later. Download the correct version of Acrobat Reader by either clicking the Get Adobe Reader graphic on the Viewing Test screen within the enrollment process or download it from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com. Online documents are supported on Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and later, Firefox version 3.5 and later, and Google Chrome version 17 and later.